We’re building the operating system for self storage, and in the process, revolutionising a worldwide industry.
In just under a year we’ve launched a full self-service platform that enables storage operators worldwide to create their own website, accept online payments, automate entry to their facilities, and much more. Dozens of operators have already seen the value of Stora and become paying customers, but there’s a tonne more value we want to add. That’s why we’ve raised capital, to grow our small, five-strong team, and speed up the development of the Stora product.
The Origin Story
It all began back in June 2019, when our CEO Gavin decided to open a self storage facility in Portadown. His goal was to make his business as automated as possible but he couldn’t find the software package to make it happen. So he worked with a few of the founding team to hack together something that just about did what he needed. It worked a treat, and the facility filled up quickly.
The following April Gavin decided to share what he’d achieved with the industry via a blog article detailing how he automated his self storage business. It turned out lots of other self storage operators wanted to do the same thing and use his software. Unfortunately, it wasn’t exactly the white-label platform it needed to be. So we started again and Stora was born.
The easiest way to describe Stora is “the Shopify of Self Storage”. It has a Backoffice where operators can manage their business, a Storefront they can customise to market and sell as they see fit, and a customer portal where all those people clamouring for space can manage their bookings.
The scope beyond that is wide reaching. From native apps to marketplaces. Maybe there’s even hardware in our future… If you like the sound of working on an exciting product like this, then now’s the time to join. You get in on the ground floor and come along for the ride as we try to build one of N.Ireland’s most successful technology companies.
- Remote-first by design. Office always optional.
- We have an optional “Team IRL Day” where we rent a space in Belfast and give everyone the opportunity to get out of the house and talk to each other face-to-face.
- You’ll be working with Gavin, Steven, Phil, Will and Mark + 4 other new hires.
- We’re product people who have been doing this kind of thing for a long time. We’ve built financial systems, consumer products and beyond. Things like PiggyPot, Yomo, Lowdown and Rotor.
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team, below our CPO Steven explains a bit more:
We’re committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, disability, age or any other grounds.
Ideally, you’ll be based in the UK but we will consider applicants from further afield.
We’re offering £35-40k for this role.
- WFH budget to include a laptop of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance for you and direct family members
- Company pension
- Paid holidays (35 days annual leave per year)
- Share options
The Interview Process
Lightweight is the name of the game here.
- A relaxed chat (IRL or online) with our CEO Gavin and CPO Steven about your background.
- To finish, an informal call with our CEO Gavin to talk about money and stuff like that.
The Next Steps
Email the below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th August and we’ll be in touch ASAP to get the ball rolling.
- Your CV or Linkedin.
- Example(s) of work you’re proud of.