Self Storage Website Design Solutions Reviewed
When it comes to creating your online presence, the quality of your self storage website design can be the key to unlocking a whole world of possibilities. But with a plethora of design options available, if you’re not sure on what options are available to you today, it's easy to find yourself in a pickle.
Do you opt for an off-the-shelf generic website builder? Perhaps a specialised DIY platform would suit you better? Or should you take the plunge with a fully personalised design from an expert agency? Fear not! We're here to help you navigate through the choices, so you can find the perfect fit for your self storage business.
Off-the-Shelf Generic Website Builders
Generic website builders like WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, and Duda are often seen as the go-to solutions for the budget-conscious self storage operator. Here’s some things to consider when going down this route:
- Affordability: These platforms offer various pricing tiers, often including a free option with some packages.
- User-friendly: You don't need to be a tech whizz. These builders are generally easy to use, even for beginners.
- Templates: A vast library of design templates means you can get your website up and running without needing to invest significant time and effort.
- Best practices: Especially if you’re using a ready-made page templates, things like mobile-friendly designs will come as standard and won’t require custom coding.
- You can still use Stora: our online bookings and payments can be added onto any website. There’s no custom coding required to pass online reservation details from your website into Stora’s Backoffice.
- Generic designs: While the abundance of templates is a plus, it can lead to a "cookie-cutter" effect, making it difficult to stand out from the crowd.
- Limited functionality: Customising your website or adding niche features specific to the self storage industry can be a tough nut to crack.
Specialised DIY Options – Like Stora
Platforms like Stora (that’s us!) are specifically designed for self storage website design, making them an appealing alternative.
- Industry-specific features: we understand the ins and outs of the self storage business, offering functionalities tailored to your needs.
- Customisation: Our page templates allow for the same easy-to-use website building that you receive from generic website builders, so you can make sure your website stands out from the competition.
- Integration options: we have strong relationships with other self storage technologies, so we can integrate with their systems seamlessly.
- No costs: Our custom websites, with online bookings and payments included, come with no additional costs.
- Availability: While we do not charge for our website Storefront, you do need to be a Stora customer to have access to it.
Bespoke Design from an Agency
For those willing to invest in an exceptional digital experience for your self storage business, hiring a design agency can provide a truly personalised and standout self storage website.
- Full customisation: Your wish is their command! Agencies can deliver fully bespoke designs tailored to your specific business needs.
- Expertise: These professionals live and breathe website design, bringing a wealth of knowledge and skills to your project.
- You can still use Stora: Like with generic website builders, you can still use Stora’s online bookings and payments.
- Costly: This level of personalised service doesn't come cheap. It's a significant investment, so make sure you've got the budget for it.
- Time-consuming: Getting a bespoke design can be a lengthy process. It's not for those in a hurry to get their site live.
Question 1: Which self storage website design option offers the best value for money?
Answer: This depends on your budget, business needs, and technical expertise. Weigh the pros and cons of each option against these factors.
Question 2: Can I switch between platforms if I'm not satisfied with my choice?
Answer: Absolutely, although it might not always be straightforward to make the switch. We always tell Stora customers that they’re welcome to use our online Storefront to get up and running quickly and then they’re free to switch at a later date if they want something more bespoke.
Question 3: Do I need any technical knowledge to use generic builders or platforms like Stora?
Answer: Not at all, these platforms are designed with ease-of-use in mind. However, a pinch of technical knowledge could come in handy for customisations.
In the end, choosing the right self storage website design solution comes down to striking the balance between cost, ease of use, and customisability. For a lean budget, an off-the-shelf generic website builder, or Stora’s own Storefont, can be the ticket. If you’re after industry-specific features and customisation, a specialised platform our Stora websites are known to convert website visitors at twice the industry average.
For those willing to splash out for a tailored and unique website, a bespoke design agency is your best bet. Whichever path you choose, remember that your website is a reflection of your business, so choose wisely and invest in a design that will make your self storage operation shine online!
Tips On Hiring A Self Storage Web Design Company + Experts
Website Design for Self Storage
Self Storage Web Templates
Major Self Storage Website Design Mistakes to Avoid
Why You Need to Launch Your Self Storage Website Before Opening