Turn your container site into a cash generating machine in three steps
Easily grow your revenue by 50%, reduce admin by 80% and double or even triple your profits by following the three simple steps below.
1. Let customers book and pay online
If you don’t have an online booking system, 59% of customers1 will go to a competitor that does instead - people simply don’t want the hassle of phoning or visiting your site to make a booking. If you aren’t already taking bookings and payments on your website - and a rapidly increasing number of UK operators are - you will be losing out on these customers without even knowing it. They don’t contact you, so you aren’t aware of them. Turn on online bookings and payments to grow your bookings by 20% or more.
2. Increase prices
The goal of running your business isn’t to be full, it is to maximise your revenue and, therefore, profits. Many operators who are 80-90% full are generating significantly more revenue than those at 95-100% full because they are pricing their units more effectively. Make sure and let demand meet supply by increasing your prices when you are full or filling up fast. If handled correctly, this can grow your revenue by 50% or more within 12 months.
3. Integrate a smart entry system
Put a smart entry system on your gates, so customers can move in and out themselves. For true time saving, pair it with a modern piece of software (like Stora). This will auto-generate gate codes and send them to the customers, meaning you don't have to hand over fobs and don’t need to create and manage PIN codes. Keep bad debtors to a minimum by turning on auto-lock out features that disable specific customer access if they haven’t paid.
The best thing is that all of the above can be done while providing a better service for your customers and making them happier.
If you want to know how to do each, below is a short step-by-step guide. However, if you prefer, simply set up a free 15-minute consultation with me and I can talk you through it.
Three simple steps:
- Take online bookings and payments within 30 minutes by setting up a Stora account. It’s free to try and prices start from £70/month. Call us on 020 8156 3707 or schedule a demo call.
- Increase prices. Self storage customers typically look for somewhere nearby and secure, with price being less important. Increase your prices for new customers and carry out 10%+ price increases on existing customers. If you are using Stora, it’s easy to do both (ask us how on a call).
- Integrate smart entry. Speak to some of the leading self storage entry systems and get quotes for your gates. We recommend BearBox, OpenTech and PTI as great solutions already used by dozens of our self storage container customers across the UK. Email me at email@example.com if you like, and I can do introductions to the best contact at each.
1 Results from Booking Live research article.
Grow with Stora today
Join modern self storage businesses worldwide who grow sales, reduce costs and save time with Stora.